Terms and Conditions of Sale
By booking tickets with South Hill Park you are agreeing to and are bound by the terms and conditions listed below. Your statutory rights are not affected.
Can I reserve tickets without payment?
All tickets must be paid for in full, in advance.
We may allow reservations for schools and other youth groups of over 20, subject to upfront payment of a £2 per ticket deposit and for events not less than 14 days in advance. Please note that you cannot make reservations less than 14 days in advance of a performance.
The Pantomime is excluded from these terms. Group reservations for the Pantomime are governed by a separate set of terms, outlined here.
We reserve the right not to accept reservations.
We will release all reservations without notice if unpaid by the time stated at the time of booking.
You can only make reservations in person or by calling the Box Office on +44 (0)1344 484 123.
What concessions and discounts are available?
Concession categories vary across shows, but some of the most common include:
- children (16yrs and under);
- students (17yrs+ and in full-time education);
- those over 65yrs.
We also operate a disability scheme to support anyone who requires assistance to attend a performance (e.g wheelchair users). An additional single complimentary carer ticket is available for any audience member who requires support to access an auditorium or during a show. These tickets must be booked in advance and are only available via the Box Office.
When available, we display concession information next to the event and in the printed brochure.
We reserve the right to make discounted ticket offers to selected current or potential customers at any time.
All concessions and offers are subject to availability and change or withdrawal at short notice.
Not all offers are available when booking online – please contact the Box Office for full details.
Offers and discounts do not apply for tickets already purchased.
Please note that you can only use one special offer or discount for each event.
How can I use my BFC e+ card points at SHP?
E Plus Membership
South Hill Park may offer a range of seasonal deals for E Plus cardholders and these can be found on the E Plus website. Please bring e+ card with you to make the purchase.
All offers are subject to availability.
All offers are not available when booking online. Offers and discounts do not apply for tickets already purchased.
Is there a booking fee?
No additional fees are applied to the advertised ticket prices. A booking fee of up to £1, and a levy of up to £1.50, is included in the ticket price that go towards the running costs of the Arts Centre and Wilde Theatre.
Can I cancel my ticket(s)?
Exchanges, Refunds and Cancellations
Refunds are not permitted except for cancelled performances.
You may only exchange tickets to another performance of the same production up to 48 hours before the scheduled performance time (this excludes The Comedy Cellar performances). An admin charge of £1 per ticket will be charged. A production is defined as the same show with the same cast and script.
In all cases the original tickets must be returned at time of exchange. South Hill Park Members will not be charged. Transfer of tickets from one production to another is not possible.
Any previous handling or transaction charges are non-refundable.
We regret that no exchange is possible for lost or mislaid tickets.
Online donations and memberships are non-refundable.
We permit no other cancellations outside of these terms.
For a cancelled performance our maximum liability to you is the face value only of the tickets purchased. This also applies for abandoned performances when less than half the performance has taken place.
Ticket Refunds and Re-Sales
We cannot refund tickets once purchased.
If you wish to return tickets on the day of a show, and we have sold out the show, we will endeavour to resell your tickets for you. There is a £1 administration fee per ticket for re-sales. South Hill Park members will not be charged. We cannot guarantee the re-sale of tickets. We can only resell original tickets.
Any resold tickets will be converted into a credit (valid for 12 months), less the administration charge.
We reserve the right not to accept tickets for re-sale.
We do not operate a returns list in advance for sold out performances. We place any returned tickets on sale immediately.
Can I resell my ticket(s)?
The re-sale of tickets by anyone other than South Hill Park’s box office is strictly prohibited. Doing so may invalidate the ticket.
Any ticket sold for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than South Hill Park will be invalid for entry.
Patrons are not permitted to attempt to resell tickets on or around the theatre premises.
How will I receive my ticket(s)?
The fastest and most reliable way to receive your tickets is via e-ticket, delivered directly to the email address you used to complete your booking. Simply choose the ‘e-ticket’ delivery option when placing your order.
You can present these tickets on your phone or similar device, or you may print your tickets at home.
You may also choose to collect your tickets at the Box Office if this is more convenient to you. Please advise the operator when making your booking, or select the ‘Hold at Box Office’ option when booking online.
You must be able to prove your name and address to be able to collect tickets from the Box Office. We may not release tickets without this.
What if my ticket(s) do not arrive/I lose my ticket(s)?
Please contact the box office in advance on +44 (0)1344 484 123 if you have lost or misplaced your tickets. We will issue duplicate tickets.
You must be able to prove your name and address to collect tickets from the box office.
We regret that for security reasons we can only issue duplicate tickets on the day of the performance. We can only issue duplicate tickets to the person who made the original booking.
Please note that for some performances, e.g. with unreserved seating, it may not be possible to issue duplicate tickets.
What terms apply to membership purchases?
Memberships are valid for one year from the date of purchase.
Members in the Good friend and Best friend tiers are eligible for ticket discounts from the moment you buy your membership.
Your membership is registered under the email address you used to join, please log-in with this email in order to make use of any available discounts for your booking.
Membership purchases are final and are non-refundable. Please ensure that you are happy with your selection before confirming payment.
How will my personal data be used?
Customers’ data is handled according to the legislation established by the Data Protection Act 1998 and General Data Protection Regulation. South Hill Park is committed to protecting your privacy.
Disclosure of your personal details at the time of booking gives us consent to the collection of this information. It also gives us consent for the safe storage and processing of this information, and for processing your order.
Are children or babies admitted?
Babies 24 months and under are free where admitted but must be seated on a lap and in the Lower Tier. They do not require a ticket. Babies on laps and booster seats are not permitted in the Middle and Upper Tiers.
A ticket is required for anyone aged over 24 months, irrespective of whether they occupy a seat or not.
Children aged 12 years or under must be accompanied by someone aged 18 years+.
What are the general house rules?
- We reserve the right to refuse admission, or eject from the venue, any person we believe is likely to cause a nuisance, disturbance or threat to other patrons, the venue or its employees.
- Please check the date and time printed on the front of your ticket. We cannot always rectify mistakes after a confirmed booking.
- We can only refund tickets for a cancelled performance. Details of our ticket exchange and resale policy are set out above.
- We reserve the right to make any alterations to the advertised programme without the need to offer a refund or exchange.
- In the event of a cancelled performance, we will not be liable for extra travel or accommodation expenses. This also applies for a performance abandoned part way through.
- Entry and re-entry are by ticket only.
- Photography, film and audio recording of any kind is strictly prohibited, unless otherwise notified. We may confiscate any devices used for such activity at the ticket holder’s own risk.
- We are not responsible for the loss or damage to your personal property whilst at the venue.
- Strobe lighting, smoke effects, loud bangs and gunshots are sometimes used in productions.
- This is a no smoking venue.
- The venue does not have a cloakroom.
- Eating and drinking inside the auditorium is not permitted.
- Ticket holders consent to the recording and filming of themselves as members of the audience.
- We are not responsible for the late running of any performances due to circumstances beyond our control.
- We do not operate a Dress Code policy.
Courses and workshop terms and conditions
Exchanges, Refunds and Cancellations
In the event of South Hill Park having to cancel a class or workshop we will endeavour to reschedule the session. If this is not possible, or a participant can not attend the new date a refund or box office credit will be arranged.
Refunds are not permitted in the event that a participant can not attend a class or workshop. In exceptional circumstances a box office credit may be arranged, but this is taken on a case by case basis.
Transfer of bookings from one class to another is not possible.
It is important that our courses and classes are safe and inclusive spaces. We reserve the right to refuse admission, or remove from the venue, any person we believe is causing a nuisance, disturbance or threat to other patrons, the venue or its employees. Please treat each other and your tutor with respect.
Health and Safety
Many of our courses and classes involve machinery, equipment or activity that could pose a health and safety risk to yourself and others if not used correctly. Your tutor will provide you with a health and safety induction and will ask you to sign to say you have understood the procedures. This is mandatory to take part in the activity. We reserve the right to refuse your return to the class or workshop if you disregard the procedures in the agreement.
Site Terms and Conditions
Your continued use of this site confirms your acceptance of these terms.
Viewing the Site
We highly recommend updating to the newest version of whatever browser you are using to view this website.
We support the following desktop browsers:
- Internet Explorer 9 and newer
- Chrome 33 and newer
- Safari 5 and newer
- Firefox 4 and newer
Note: Some site features won’t function as expected on Internet Explorer 8 as the site has been optimised for newer browsers using the latest HTML 5 and CSS 3 technologies.
The website interface has been developed to work on both desktop and mobile/tablet devices.
We support the following mobile browsers:
- Safari (default browser)
Note: Android default browser varies per mobile device.
If a site feature doesn’t work when using a browser version listed above, please provide as much of the following information as you can when you contact us:
- An explanation of the issue.
- Identify the browser and version you were using.
- Identify the operating system and version on your computer.
- A screenshot of your issue.
Use of this Site
You may print and download material from this site if you do not change or reproduce it without our prior written consent.
Where possible we try to give advance warning of maintenance issues that may result in site down time. We are not obliged to provide such notice.
Visitor Provided Material
When using this site visitors must not post or send to or from this site any material:
- for which you have not obtained all necessary consents;
- that is discriminatory, obscene, pornographic, defamatory, liable to incite racial hatred, in breach of confidentiality or privacy, which may cause annoyance or inconvenience to others, which encourages or constitutes conduct that would be deemed a criminal offence, give rise to a civil liability, or otherwise is contrary to the law in the United Kingdom,
- which is harmful in nature including, and without limitation, computer viruses, Trojan horses, corrupted data, or other potentially harmful software or data.
Links to and from Other Sites
You can link to this site if you observe the conditions below:
- you do not seek to imply that we are endorsing the services or products of another party unless agreed with us in writing;
- you do not misrepresent your relationship with this site; and
- the site from which you link to does not contain offensive or otherwise controversial content or, content that infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of a third party.
By breaching the clauses above you will indemnify us for any loss or damage suffered to this site as a result of such linking.
We provide all material on this site without any warranty of any kind. You use the material on this site at your own discretion.
Exclusion of Liability
Nothing in these terms exclude or limit liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence which cannot be excluded under the law of the United Kingdom.