South Hill Park are looking for community actors to take part in The Peter Pan which is being directed by Joe Malyan (The Borrowers 2015 and Noughts and Crosses 2011).
This is a promenade performance which will start in The Wilde Theatre and move into the South Hill Park Grounds. The performances run from Friday 19th August through until Sunday 28th August.
This is a family production aimed at children aged 8+. The set will be design by Victoria Spearing and the costumes by Anne Thomson.
- Peter Pan – age 16-25. MALE Lead role. Singer required. Physical role. Dance experience preferable. The boy who never grew up. Will be required to sword fight.
- Wendy Darling – age 16-25.FEMALE Lead role. Singer required. Physical role. Dance experience preferable. Will be required to sword fight.
- Mr Darling/Captain Hook – age 30+. MALE Lead role. Multi-rolling. Singer, but can be character sung. Will be required to sword fight.
- Mrs Darling/Smee – age 30+. FEMALE Lead role. Multi-rolling. Will be required to sword fight.
- Tinkerbell – age 16-35. FEMALE Lead role. Singer required. Will be required to sword fight.
- Tigerlily – age 16-35. FEMALE Singer required. Will be required to sword fight.
- John – age 16-25. MALE Lead role.
- Michael – age 12+ (but ideally look younger!). MALE Lead role.
- Lost Boys – age 16-25. MALE. Group of 6-8. Physical roles. High energy required.
- Indians – age 16+. FEMALE. Group of 6-8. Physical roles. High energy required.
- Pirates – age 16+. MALE/FEMALE. Group of 6-8. Physical roles. High energy required.
If you’re looking for something for you child to do this Summer, then we are delighted to announce that Summer School returns with ‘Oz Revisited’. Please contact Mark Hooper (email@example.com) for more details!
Rehearsals will take place on Tuesday evenings and Saturday daytimes starting on the 21st May and running through until production week.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE ARE SOME MATINEE WEEKDAY PERFORMANCES SO PLEASE DO
NOT AUDITION IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO COMMIT TO THESE TIMES/DAYS
Auditions are by appointment, each lasting 15 minutes. Please arrive 15 minutes prior to
your allocated audition time, which will be given to you once you have emailed the
contact below, along with a copy of the script extracts you need to prepare for the
audition. Please also prepare a monologue lasting 2-3 minutes. Please also prepare a
musical song to sing if you are auditioning for a part that requires it and bring sheet music
to be accompanied.
Monday 2nd and Tuesday 3rd May – Studio Theatre, South Hill Park from 6pm-10pm
21th May – 13th August 2015
Monday 15th – Thursday 18th August
PLEASE DO NOT AUDITION IF YOU CANNOT COMMIT TO THE ENTIRE REHEARSAL AND
PRODUCTION PERIOD. CANDIDATES WHO AUDITION WHO CAN THEN NOT MAKE ALL DATES
MAY NOT BE CONSIDERED.
If you are interested in taking part, please email Joe Malyan at: firstname.lastname@example.org