Preparations are in full-swing for the opening of our promenade summer show Alice in Wonderland this week. However, as with all British outdoor events, the weather is something we have to think about and plan for. The policy for Alice in Wonderland remains the same as all our previous outdoor productions in that ‘the show will go on’ in the event of bad weather. We are therefore strongly advising people attending a performance to come dressed suitably for the weather and prepared for potential showers!
We have put the following guidelines in place to try and ensure a smooth performance:
- If there is a shower, the performance will go on.
- If there is a down pour the performance will be postponed temporarily and then continue when/if possible.
- If the weather is so bad the performance can not take place we will try our best to move patrons to an alternative performance.
- It is advisable to come prepared for potential bad weather. Umbrellas can be used during the performance.
- As the field has a tendency to become boggy after heavy rain we suggest bringing your wellies if the performance you’re attending is due to take place following a down pour.