An exciting opportunity has arisen in South Hill Parks Visual Arts department to commence in Nov/Dec 2016
Exhibitions coordinator–from Nov/Dec 2016
SALARY: £4,000 – 1 day per week (£20,000 pro rata)
Responsible to: Head of Visual Arts
The Exhibitions coordinator is responsible for programming, administrating, curating and maintaining exhibitions within South Hill Park’s mansion gallery spaces.
The Key objectives of the post are to:
- Programme and deliver 5-6 programmes of exhibitions over 4 spaces annually
- Fulfil SHP’s mission statement
- Respond to seasonal SHP themes
- Showcase works by South Hill Park’s Resident Artists
- Build and maintain annual and biannual partnership exhibition projects with groups within the community
- Maintain SHP’s annual Student Open exhibition
- Meet income targets from exhibition sales
The main responsibilities of the post include the following:
- Manage casual exhibition technicians during exhibition changeover periods
- Manage exhibition budget
- Launch exhibitions where necessary with Breakfast Previews and Private views
- Build the Visual arts mailing lists
- Promote or work with marketing in the promotion of exhibitions outside of SHP’s main platforms
- Programming and submitting relevant marketing material to SHP’s marketing team
- Overseeing installations and takedowns
- Curating exhibitions with artists and/or third parties
- Coordinating artwork delivery and collection
- Participate in South Hill Park Arts Centre meetings, when requested.
- Report to the Head of Visual Arts
- Participate in training as requested
- Any other duties as required.
|Education & Qualifications||Degree or Masters in the arts
|Experience||Experience in administrating and curating exhibitions|
|Abilities & Skills||Excellent communication skills.
Ability to work with other departments
Excellent organisational skills.
Ability to work on own with limited support.
Ambition within exhibitions
|An innovative approach to working.
Willingness to attend the arts centre’s activities and events.
|Personal Attributes||A flexible attitude to work.||A good sense of humour.|
|Circumstances||Available to be flexible with hours during exhibition programmes||