South Hill Park’s Relationship and Work with Schools
South Hill Park have a strong and enduring commitment to providing artistic opportunities for young people from every walk of life. We strive to afford schools the chance to enrich their students lives by providing high-quality and engaging artistic opportunities for young people of all ages.
We have found that the arts can be a powerful way to re-engage disaffected or challenging students by providing them with a unique social and creative environment in which they are free to express themselves and explore new ideas.
We also help schools to fulfil their requirement for students spiritual, moral, social and cultural development.
Below are just some of the ways we currently work with schools:
- Bespoke workshops and classes in schools and at our venue
- Romeo and Juliet and Macbeth workshops in schools to coincide with South Hill Park Productions
- Free tours of the Arts Centre and Wilde Theatre
- Free talks with industry professionals and internal staff
- A revised pricing system to make the best work affordable for school trips (£9 tickets are now available for most schools to school groups with free tickets for accompanying teachers)
- Provide workshops/question and answer sessions with visiting and touring companies
Please feel free to download one of our educational resource packs:
South Hill Park is always on the look out for new ways to collaborate and engage with schools and is always open to suggestions. If you are a teacher or a representative for a School/University/Education Establishment of any kind and would like to discuss potential ideas, we would love to meet you. Please contact our Associate Director Learning and Participation, Mark Hooper Mark.firstname.lastname@example.org or our Coordinator of Learning and Participation, Fran Hems Fran.email@example.com