(Tuesday) 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
South Hill Park, Ringmead, RG12 7PA
£48, Conc £47, Members £46
Allegory Painting Day Tutor: Harriet Brittaine Explore painting a professional life model partially costumed as an allegory of death or darkness. The day will be spent on one pose to allow plenty
Allegory Painting Day
Tutor: Harriet Brittaine
Explore painting a professional life model partially costumed as an allegory of death or darkness. The day will be spent on one pose to allow plenty of time to work up the painting.
The course will cover the stages of life painting by focusing on human proportions, values and colour. Good general painting practises will also be covered.
Students will be working in oils, painting from a life model who will be partially costumed.
Students will be aiming to improve their observational and painting skills, to understand the proportions and structure of the human body and to complete a life painting in oils by the end of the day.
Some basic painting experience is required
Suitable for intermediate/advanced
South Hill Park will provide paper, pencils, charcoal, easel and the portrait model. Students will need to provide the following materials.
– Painting surface of your choice for example stretched canvas/canvas board/oil painting paper (no smaller than 10×12””, no bigger than 20×24”)
– Oil paints – lemon yellow, yellow ochre, cadmium red, alizarin crimson, cerulean blue, ultramarine blue, burnt umber, titanium white (or similar range)
– Palette knife
– Basic range of brushes (e.g. size 1 or 2 round synthetic, size 4 flat bristle, size 6 flat bristle, size 8 flat bristle, size 12 flat bristle)
– Low odour thinner e.g. Sansodor by Winsor and Newton (please do not bring turps or white spirit due to fumes)
– Kitchen roll/rags/baby wipes