South Hill Park Arts Centre is the creative heart of Berkshire; serving the local community for 43 years and launching the careers of eminent artists such as Kate Winslett, Jamie Cullum and Eddie Izzard. The Trust is about to embark on a transition year; re-negotiating its funding agreement with the local authority, developing other income streams and implementing a stronger commercial strategy, whilst retaining our unique and high quality artistic and workshop programme. We are therefore looking to strengthen the Board of Trustees to help guide us through this period of change. The Trust would like to hear from individuals with a passion for the arts who have demonstrable experience in finance, education, business or arts management.
In general terms the Board of Trustees is responsible for the governance, strategic direction and financial viability of the arts centre. The role of a Trustee involves serious work and significant commitment of time. The rewards are lively debate over a wide range of interesting and important topics, a collaborative spirit among Trustees and staff and respect for each other’s expertise and personalities.
Every Trustee should have:
- A strong commitment to the aims and objective of the Charity, the it does and the ways in which its activities fit together
- An ability to work effectively as a member of an interdisciplinary board whilst contributing an independent perspective and special expertise
- An interest in maintaining South Hill Park’s reputation as a creative and socially useful charity and an interest in social enterprise
- A pro-active willingness to introduce key contacts: corporate, trusts and foundations and high net worth individuals to the work of the Charity
- A willingness to interact with the CEO and key members of staff
- A willingness to devote time and effort
- Good, independent judgement
- A willingness to listen and learn
- An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of Trusteeship
If you would like an informal discussion about this role please contact Ron McAllister, Chief Executive on 01344 413529 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply, please send your C.V. to email@example.com
Head of Marketing and Development
South Hill Park Arts Centre is looking for a dynamic Head of Marketing and Development to join the centre’s senior management team.
This is an exciting and challenging time for SHP which is about to launch a forward-thinking business plan to place the arts in a new context – reaching out to more people that ever before as a hub of culture and celebration.
If you are passionate about making arts matter to every citizen on Bracknell Forest Borough and East Berkshire, and you have the skills to make it happen, then please send your CV, completed application form and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 18th November.
SALARY: c. £28,000 per annum
Responsible to: Chief Executive
The Key objectives of the post are to:
- Develop and implement the marketing and development aspects of the business plan
- Increase the number of visitors to South Hill Park for arts and commercial activity
- Increase the income earned by the Park promoting both arts and commercial activity
- Be the brand guardian and promoter for the Park in all aspects of the centre’s operation
- Increase awareness of the arts centre locally and regionally
- Develop, strengthen and grown current partnerships with local businesses
- Lead a Development Board to develop new strands of income for the Trust
- Harness the potential of private giving at SHP
Part Time Bar Staff
South Hill Park’s Atrium Bar and Restaurant are recruiting for part time bar staff to join our enthusiastic and friendly team within a busy (but beautiful) establishment. No experience required.
Part time hours available across the week and weekends in our three bars and a restaurant.
For any other information, pop in and see us or send us an email.
Applicants must be over 18.
If you are interested please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com