Belle or the Beast? South Hill Park’s Children’s Art Competition
There’s magic in the air around South Hill Park this winter, and November has brought with it a desire to get creative! In the run-up to the holiday season, South Hill Park has launched an exciting children’s art competition based on the two main characters of the Christmas panto, Beauty and the Beast (Thu 30 Nov 2017 – Wed 3 Jan 2018).
Open to children from ages 5 – 11yrs, the competition challenges local children to make, paint and decorate their best Magic Mirror or Beastly Beast. An important part of the display for the panto in the Wilde Theatre are the festive decorations in the foyer, and this year it will include as many of the children’s entries as possible. The artwork will be on display until the production ends on Wed 3 January 2018 in the Wilde Theatre Foyer.
The two lucky winners (one each from the age groups: 5-8yrs and 9-11yrs) will receive a Family Ticket to the production itself as well as an opportunity for an exclusive meet and greet with the cast, and an accompanied backstage tour.
The competition starts from Fri 3 Nov and will close on Sun 19 Nov, so have your children ready with pens, glue, paint and lots of sparkly craft bits to explore their creative side and produce something magical that will be proudly displayed during the run of South Hill Park Arts Centre’s Beauty and the Beast. Winners will be notified week beginning Mon 20 Nov.
Entries can be in any medium and no larger than A3 with the child’s name, age and a parent’s contact details clearly written on the back of the artwork. For full details of the terms and conditions see below.
Entries should be sent to South Hill Park Arts Centre with the child’s name and age clearly marked on the back of the artwork. Return your artwork with completed permission slip below to South Hill Park Box Office reception or by post to: Belle or the Beast Competition, South Hill Park, Ringmead, Bracknell RG12 7PA. A copy of the permission slip is available at Box Office or Download here: Permission slip
So, grab your glitter, pens and glue, and get creative this November, just in time for South Hill Park’s most magical pantomime yet: Beauty and the Beast!
Competition Terms and Conditions
By entering this competition you agree to the Terms and Conditions set out below:
- Children must be primary school age to enter this competition. There are two categories 5-8yrs and 9-11yrs.
- If your child attends primary school and they are not yet 5yrs of age they may also enter this competition.
- Photography of artwork: By taking part in this competition you give permission for South Hill Park Arts Centre to use images of the artwork for marketing purposes. Distribution may include, but will not be limited to: online, social media, print and local press.
- Photography of winners: Winners will be notified week beginning Mon 20 Nov and be invited to South Hill Park Arts Centre for a press photograph and be presented with their tickets.
- Photography of the winner is subject to parent/guardian’s permission. If you do not give permission for photography of the winner on the entry slip alternative arrangements can be made for collection of tickets.
- Closing date for the competition is Sun 19 November 2018
- Entries should be accompanied with a completed permission slip from the parent or legal guardian.
- The family ticket includes up to 6 people with a max of 2 adults.
- The backstage tour and meet the cast will be after the performance and can only be used on the date of the performance they attend. The winner must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian for the backstage tour during their visit to the theatre. The family ticket prize is also subject to availability and not valid for performances 30 Nov (2pm), 5-7 Dec (2pm), 12 and 14 Dec (2pm), 20 Dec (2pm) or any performances on 24, 26 and 31 Dec.
- The prizes for this competition are not transferable to other productions and are not exchangeable for cash value.