Cinderella – Junior Chorus Auditions
We would love to see you come and audition for our 2016 Christmas show which, this year, is the magical CINDERELLA! We are delighted to welcome Adam Stafford (James and the Giant Peach, Just So and Oliver!) to the team as the new Director for our Christmas show. Also returning are our pantomime regulars, Ann Ogden as the Choreographer and Tim Cumper as the Musical Director.
We are looking for flexible young performers who will dance, sing and act in this exciting new pantomime! We need to put together 3 teams of 10-12 versatile young people making a total of up to 30! Wow, that’s a lot! Specifically, we are looking for performers with strong acting skills who can also sing & dance, these range from young (7+yrs) to mid teenage (14-15yrs), and older dancers (14yrs-18yrs).
If you have auditioned for us in the past you will notice that there are some changes this year, so please check that you read ALL the information below.
There will be 6 audition slots running over two consecutive Sundays lasting one and a half hours each:
- Sunday 29th May: Slots at 11.00am-12.30pm AND 14.00am-15.30pm AND 4pm-5.30pm
- Sunday 5th June: Slots at 11.00am-12.30pm AND 14.00am-15.30pm AND 4pm-5.30pm
- South Hill Park Arts Centre in the Bracknell Gallery.
- Boys or girls aged between 7 and 18 yrs.
- We can see 20 young people in each slot so please book in advance for a time that is convenient to you.
You can book a slot at South Hill Park box office or by calling 01344 484123. Please note that there is a £5 administration fee, and this must be paid before the audition day. This fee can be paid for when booking your time slot.
- You will also need to fill out an audition registration form which will be emailed to you along with an FAQ sheet once you have booked an audition time with box office or you can find the FAQ sheet by clicking here
- Please make sure that you attach a passport-sized with the form – this is to help us remember you after this audition.
1) What time do I need to arrive?
- Please arrive at least 20 minutes before your slot begins. This will give us enough time to register your arrival and to make sure you have a filled in the registration form.
2) What do I need to bring with me?
- You will need comfortable clothes and shoes. Dance shoes are perfect if you have them. If you are cast, you will be expected to purchase a pair of jazz shoes before the rehearsal process starts.
- Make sure you wear clothes that are suitable for dancing and physical movement!
- No outdoor shoes or trainers are allowed in the Bracknell Gallery, but you can audition in bare feet.
- Bring a bottle of water. The auditions are very energetic and you will get hot and thirsty!
3) What will I do during the auditions?
- Unlike previous years we are asking you to prepare a short monologue, speech or poem to perform as part of the audition. It should be around 30 seconds long. Adam would also like you all to come with three jokes each to tell the audition panel!
- You will also be taught a short piece of dance by Ann, the choreographer, and will have an opportunity to sing a song with Tim, the Musical Director.
If you have any queries do not hesitate to contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hope to see you there!